Main Article Content
The rapid growth of technology encourages teachers especially who teach English as a foreign language to use it while presenting material and giving instruction in the classroom. Technology, as the newest instructional media developed in this globalization era, presents situation which helps the students to have new authentic and meaningful learning experiences engaging their effort and behavior by providing more fun and effective learning atmosphere. In addition, it provides the opportunity for the students to work collaboratively and easily access the information that can supplement their learning experience. Those benefits become the central part of 21st century education which should be optimized in order to create sophisticated learning immersion and maximize the quality of students in the future. In this research, some media techologies are introduced to one hundred student-teachers having Technology Enhanced Language Learning class. Those media, Prezi as online software presentation, Glogster as visual online poster,Edmodo as online networking application, Toondooas online cartoon strip making and Goanimateas animated video creation, are known as web-based instructional media which can be used by them to teach English as a foreign language. However, questionnaire and interview are used to obtain the data. It aims to investigate their perception while preparing their teaching by using those applications.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Alba, et.al.Glogsters and Other Motivating Technology: A Multiple Case Study of English Learners. The Reading Matrix © 2014 Volume 14, Number 2, September 2014
- Aduwa-Ogiegbaen, S. E., &Iyamu, E. O. S. (2005). Using Information and Communication Technology in Secondary Schools in Nigeria: Problems and Prospects. Educational Technology & Society, 8 (1), 104-112
- Banstrom, Camilla. (2011). Using the Internet in Education-Strength and Weaknesses.HogskolanIgaple: Sweden
- Chicioreanu, T. (2010).An awesome online presentation tool-Prezi. Petroleum-Gas University of Ploiesti Bulletin, Educational Sciences Series, 62
- Chicioreanu, T. D. and Oproiu, G. C., (2012). New Ways to Present the Information in the Teaching Activity. Paper presented Conference proceedings of" eLearning and Software for Education"(eLSE), 90-95. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview /1287962851?accountid=34864
- Costley, Kevin C. (2014). The Positive Effects of Technology on Teaching and Student Learning. Unpublished: Arkansas Tech University
- Clements, D.H., & J. Sarama. (2003). “Strip Mining for Gold: Research and Policy in Educational Technology: A Response to ‘Fool’s Gold.’” AACE Journal, 11 (1): 7–69
- Dede, Chris. (2008). Technological Supports for Acquiring 21st Century Skills. Cambridge: USA
- Duhaney, Dvon C. (2000). Technology and the Educational Process: Transforming Classroom Activities. Int'l J of Instructional Media Vol. 27
- Eduview. (2008). Teaching in 21st Century. Available at: https://www.blackboard.com /resources/k12/k12_teaching21st_final.pdf
- Granito and Chernobilsky. (2012). The Effect of Technology on a Student's Motivation and Knowledge Retention. NERA Conference Proceedings 2012. 17.Available at: http://digitalcommons.uconn.edu/nera_2012/17
- Hastomo. (2016). The Effectiveness of Edmodoto Teach Writing Viewed from Students’ Motivation.Prosiding ICTTE FKIP UNS 2015 ISSN: 2502-4124 Vol 1, Nomor 1, Januari 2016
- Kacupu, et.al.(2014)Investigation of Pre-Service Science Teachers’ Opinions about Using GoAnimate to Create Animated Videos.Turkish Online Journal of Qualitative Inquiry, October 2014, 5(4)
- Kirchoff and Cook.(2015). Overviewing Software Applications for Graphic Novel Creation in the Post-Secondary and Secondary Classroom.SANE Journal: Sequential Art Narrative in Education Volume 2 Issue 1 Imagining, Re-imagining, and Examining
- Kurt, S. (2010). Technology use in elementary education in Turkey: A case study. New Horizons in Education, 58(1), 65-76
- OECD. (2010).Inspired by Technology, Driven by Pedagogy: A systemic Approach to Technology-Based School Innovations. OECD: Paris, France
- Perronand Stearns.(2010). A Review of a Presentation Technology. Research on Social Work Practice 000(00) 1-2
- Picardo, Jose. (August 24, 2012). Using Glogster as an Assessment Tool.Box of Tricks:Education and Technology. Retrieved fromhttp://www.boxoftricks .net/tag/glogster