EDMODO AS EDUCATIONAL SOCIAL NETWORK IN TEACHING COURSE DESIGN OF EYL
DOI : 10.24903/sj.v3i2.212
This research is conducted to find out Edmodo can increase student’s ability in learning course design of EYL and student’s perception in learning course design of EYL by using Edmodo. A mixed method was used to collect quantitative and qualitative data. In answering those two research questions, the researcher used test (pre-test and post-test) to collect quantitative data and also used interview as data gathering technique to collect qualitative data. The findings of the research showed that: (1) Edmodo can increase student’s ability in learning course design of EYL. It is proven by the score of Independent T-test -0,741 and sig (2 tailed) was higher than degree of significance (0,462 < 0,05). (2) Student’s perception in learning course design of EYL by using Edmodo showed that Edmodo in learning course design of EYL can help students more understand the materials because they can get more information about materials of EYL especially course design of EYL; they can discuss the materials each other anywhere and anytime; they felt more interesting and happy; they are more confident to express their ideas, therefore they can be more active in learning course design of EYL.
- AbuSa’aleek, A. 2014. A Review of Emerging Technologies: Mobile Assisted Language Learning (MALL). Asian Journal of Education and E-Learning.
- Arnold. Sara and Garza. 2014. The Flipped Classroom Teaching Model and Its Use For Information Literacy Interaction. Towson University.
- Basal. Ahmed. 2015. The Implementation of A Flipped Classroom in Foreign Language Teaching. Yildiz Technical University. Turkey.
- Bishop. Jacob Lowell. 2013. The Flipped Classroom: A Survey of the Research. Utah State University.
- Creswell, J. W. 2012. Educational Research (Planning, Conducting and Evaluating Quantitative and Qualitative Research). Boston: Pearson Education.
- Evenddy, S. S & Hamer, W. 2016. Edmodo As Media to Teach Vocabulary. The Journal of English Language Studies.
- Flumerfelt. Shannon and Green. Greg. 2012. Using Lean in the Flipped Classroom for At Risk Students. Oakland University. USA.
- Herreid. Clyde Freeman and Schiller.Nancy A. 2013. Case Studies and the Flipped Classroom. Buffalo University. New York.
- McCallum .Shelly and Schultz. Janel. 2015. An Examination of the Flipped Classroom Approach on College Student Academic Involvement. Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota.
- Nwosisi Christopher, Ferreira. Alexa, Rosenberg . Warren, and Walsh.Kelly. 2016. A Study of the Flipped Classroom and Its Effectiveness in Flipping Thirty Percent of the Course Content. USA.
- Paradita, Lanoke Intan.2016. Student Engagement In Edmodo-Facilitated English Class. Sanata Dharma University. Yogyakarta.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.