THE EFFECT OF USING POWERPOINT MEDIA ON STUDENTS’ ENGLISH LEARNING MOTIVATION TO THE ELEVENTH GRADE STUDENTS OF SMK MUHAMADYAH 1 SAMARINDA IN 2018/2019 ACADEMIC YEAR
English education is taught in all levels of education. Therefore, it is believed that there are some differences among teaching adults, teenagers and children. In teaching English to adult learners, the suitable media is needed to attract their attention. One of the media that is suitable to adult learners in teaching English is power point. The purpose of this study was to find out whether there is a significant effect of using power point media on students’ English learning motivation to the eleventh-grade students of SMK MUHAMADYAH 1 Samarinda in 2018/2019 Academic Year. The design of this research was quasi-experimental design because it requires one group of students. There were 60 students as the population and 30 students were taken by the researcher as the sample. The result shows that the mean score of students’ English learning motivation is 73.5. It means that the students’ English learning motivation is high. Then t score 4.894 higher than t tab value 2.042 with the level of significance 0.5%. Based on interpretation, it can be concluded that there is a significant effect of using power point media on students’ English learning motivation to the eleventh-grade students of SMK MUHAMADYAH 1 Samarinda.
- Fateme Samiei Lari. 2014. The Impact of Using PowerPoint Presentations on Students' Learning and Motivation in Secondary Schools. P r o c e d i a - Social and Behavioral Sciences 98. . P 1672-1677
- Noordin Yahaya, Azizi Yahaya, Jamaludin Ramli, Shahrin Hashim & Zurihanmi Zakariya. 2010. The Effects of Extrinsic Motivational Factors in Learning among Students in Secondary School in Negeri Sembilan. International Journal of Psychological Studies. Vol. 2, No.1 P 128-136
- Olusegun Agboola Sogunro . 2015. Motivating Factors for Adult Learners in Higher Education. International Journal of Higher Education. Vol. 4, No. 1,P 22
- Qaiser Suleman & Dr. Ishtiaq Hussain. 2014. Effects of Classroom Physical Environment on the Academic Achievement Scores of Secondary School Students in Kohat Division, Pakistan. International Journal of Learning & Development. Vol. 4, No. 1 P 5174
- Sardiman. 2014. Interaksi dan Motivasi Belajar Mengajar. Rajagrafindo:Jakarta.
- Setiaji, Bambang. 2009. Jalan Mudah ke Analisis Kuantitatif, UMS:Surakarta
- Xue – Mei Yul.2014. A Comparative Study on Learning Motivation of College Students of Different Levels. English Language and Literature Studies; Vol. 4, No. 2 P 22