Understanding CDA: Histories, Remembering, And Futures
DOI : 10.24903/sj.v3i2.170
The aim of this library research article is trying to give us a deep understanding of what Critical Discourse Analysis is. The article starts with a discussion of the origin of Critical Discourse Analysis (CDA), then exploring interdisciplinary based on the theory proposed by Fairclough renowned expert in DA field, in the last part of the article discussed the principles of CDA form Fairclough point of view. The present article uses a descriptive qualitative approach from reputable references which is relevant to the topics.
- A. De Fina, D. Scriffrin and M. Bamberg (eds), Discourse and Identity.
- Cambridge: Cambridge: University Press. 376-97.
- Cameron, Deborah. (2001). Working with Spoken Discourse. London: Sage.
- Chomsky, Noam. (1957). Syntactic Structures.The Hague: Mouton.
- Chouliaraki, L. &Fairclough, N. (1999).Rethinking Critical Discourse Analysis.Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press.
- Fairclough, N. (1992). Discourse and Social Change.Cambridge: Polity Press.
- Fairclough, Norman (1995a). Critical Discourse Analysis: The Critical Study of Language. London: Longman.
- Fairclough, Norman (1995b). Media Discourse. London: Edward Arnold.
- Fowler, Roger, Bob Hodge, Gunther Kress and Tony Trew.(1979). Language and Control.London: Routledge.
- Habermas, Jürgen (1981). Theory of communicative action, Volume One: Reason and the rationalization of society (book).Translated by Thomas A. McCarthy. Boston, Mass.: Beacon Press.
- Hamuddin, B. (2012). A comparative study of politeness strategies in economic journals (Doctoral dissertation, University of Malaya).
- Hamuddin, B. (2015). DISCOURSE ON MEDIA: Bringing Hot News into ELT's Classroom Discussion. Proceedings of ISELT FBS UniversitasNegeri Padang, 3, 87-95.
- Hamuddin, B. (2016). Using Content Analysis (CA) in Seeking the Opportunities for Alumni of English Department in Newspapers. ELT-Lectura, 3(1).
- Hodge, Robert and Gunther Kress.(1973). Language as Ideology. London and N.Y.: Routledge&Kegan Paul.
- Rasmussen, D. M. (1996).The Handbook of Critical Theory.Oxford: Blackwell.
- Van Dijk, Teun A. (1997). “Discourse as Interaction in Society.” Discourse as Social Interaction, Vol 2. Ed. Teun A. van Dijk. London: Sage. 1-37.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.