THE INFLUENCE OF TEACHING ENGLISH VOCABULARY USING VCD LEARNING TO THE KINDERGARTEN LEVEL IN SMART AND FUN COMMUNICATIVE ENGLISH COURSE SAMARINDA
DOI : 10.24903/sj.v1i2.28
The researcher used VCD Learning to help kindergarten level students Smart and Fun Communicative English Program Samarinda on learning English vocabulary. The contents were relevant to the vocabulary for students in kindergarten level of Smart and Fun Samarinda.This study was aimed finding whether there was significance difference between experimental and control groups and whether there was significant difference between post experimental and control groups. It is a kind of experimental research. This study’s design was two group-pretest-treatment-posttest design. The population of this study was 60 students. The researcher took 40 students from two classes as the sample of this study. Then, took other 20 students as try out test respondents. The test was tried out to 20 respondents consisted of 30 items. After being analyzed, its reliability coefficient was 0.462. The experimental group’s mean score on the post-test was 80.17 while on control group was 70.67. After analyzing the two mean scores by using the program of SPSS 16.0, it was found that the difference significance value between the two mean scores t - computed 4.068 was higher than t - table 2.093 with the level of significant 5%. The computation showed that the two groups’ mean scores of significantly differed. Thus, the alternative hypothesis (Ha) is accepted and the Null Hypothesis (Ho) is rejected. It could be concluded that there was significant difference of English vocabulary achievement among students of kindergarten level of Smart and Fun by using VCD Learning.
Teaching Vocabulary, VCD Learning, Kindergarten Level Students.
- Arikunto, Suharsimi. 1986. Dasar – Dasar Evaluasi Pendidikan. Jakarta: PT. Bina Aksara.
- Arikunto, Suharsimi. 1998. Metode Penelitian Praktek. Bandung: Tarsito.
- Arikunto, Suharsimi. 2001. Dasar – Dasar Evaluasi Pendidikan. (Edisi Revisi) Jakarta: Bina Aksara.
- Arsyad. 1997. Comparative Study between the Vocabulary Achievement of the Fifth Year in 1996/1997 Academic Year. Samarinda: Mulawarman University. Unpublished Thesis.
- Budiharso, Teguh. 2001. Pengantar Penelitian. Samarinda: Makalah.
- Cameron. 2001. English Language Teaching, London: Forum, Volt.
- Franzy, Milli. 1999. Kentucky Educational Television. Kentucky. USA.
- Fries, Charles C. 1969. Teaching and Learning English as a Second Language. USA: The University of Michigan Press.
- Finnochiaro, Mary and Bonomo, Michael. 1973. The Foreign Language Learners: A. Guide for Teachers. New York: Regents Publishing Company, Inc.
- Harmer, Jeremy. 1998. How to teach English: An Introduction to the Practice of English Language Teaching. Longman.
- Hill, Brian. 1999. Video in Language Learning. London: CiLT.
- Hornby, A. S. 1995. The Advanced Learner’s Dictionary of Current English. London: Oxford University Press.
- Iftitah, Athiq. 2005. The Vocabulary Mastery of the First Year Students of Secretary Department of SMKN 1 Samarinda in Academic Year 2004/2005. Samarinda: Mulawarman University. Unpublished Thesis.
- Lasmini. 2003. Vocabulary Mastery of the Fifth Year Students of SDN 021 Balikpapan in 2002/2003 Academic Year. Samarinda: Mulawarman University. Unpublished Thesis.
- Morries. I984. The American Heritage Dictionary. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Nunan, David. 2003. Practical English Language Teaching. New York: The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- Oxford Advanced Learners’ Dictionary, 2003, New York, Oxford University Press.
- Pangaribuan, Alinda. 2008. The Effect of Teaching English Vocabulary by Using VCD to The Fourth Grade Students of SDN 013 Sungai Kunjang Samarinda In 2008/2009 Academic Year. Samarinda: Mulawaman University. Unpublished Thesis.
- Rozalli.2010. The Effect Using Picture in Teaching Vocabulary to The Students of Smart and Fun Communicative English Course Samarinda.Samarinda:Mulawarman University. Unpublished Thesis.
- Sari, Kartika. 2011. The Effect of Word Game to Increase Vocabulary Mastery of Sixth Grade Students of Sd YPPSB Sangatta. Samarinda: Mulawarman University. Unpublished Thesis.
- Sari,Maya.2010. The Effect of Teaching English Vocabulary by Using VCD to the Primary Level Students of Smart and Fun English Course Samarinda. Samarinda: Mulawarman University. Unpublished Thesis.
- Scott, W.A. and Ytreberg, L. H. 1990. Teaching English to Children, Longman.
- Sijaya, Rahmat.2010. The Effect of Using Cards – Game in Teaching English on Vocabulary Mastery to the Sixth Grade of SD Negeri 005 Samarinda in Academic Year 2009/2010.Samarinda: Mulawarman University. Unpublished Thesis.
- Stempleski, Susan. 198). Short takes: Using authentic video in the English class. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (21st, Westende, Belgium, April 12-14, 1987).
- Subaeri, Abdul Holik. 2007. The Effectiveness of Teaching Speaking By Using Cartoon Films. Samarinda: Mulawaman University. Unpublished Thesis.
- Watson, Owen. 1967. Longman Modern English Dictionary. Boston: Hazel Watson and Viney Ltd.
- Webster‘s New World Dictionary of The American Language Encyclopedic. 1972. Cleveland, New York. The World Publishing Company.
- Wulanjani, Arum Nisma. 2009. The Effect of Using “Multi Media” Vcd as Media For Teaching Vocabulary To Kindergarten Students. Semarang: Semarang State University. Unpublished Thesis.
- Yerkes, David. 1989. Webster Encyclopedic Cambridge Dictionary of the English Language. New York: Portland House.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.